Selected Areas in Cryptography 2013
The conference Selected Areas in Cryptography 2013 (SAC 2013) was held at Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, on August 14-16, 2013.
Conference co-chairs are:
The Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC) conference series was initiated in 1994, when the first event was held at Queen's University in Kingston. The SAC conference has been held annually since 1994 in various Canadian locations, including Calgary, Kingston, Montreal, Ottawa, Sackville, St. John’s, Toronto, Waterloo and Windsor. SAC 2013 is held in co-operation with the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR), which is the leading professional organization for cryptographic research. The SAC proceedings are published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
SAC 2013 is the 20th conference in this series, and for this special occasion it was extended to a two-and-half day conference, starting on the afternoon of August 14.
There are four areas covered at each SAC conference. Three of the areas are permanent:
- Design and analysis of symmetric key primitives and cryptosystems, including block and stream ciphers, hash functions and MAC algorithms
- Efficient implementations of symmetric and public key algorithms
- Mathematical and algorithmic aspects of applied cryptology
The fourth area for SAC 2013 is
- Elliptic and hyperelliptic curve cryptography, including theory and applications of pairings.
- Paper submission deadline: May 15 2013, 23:59 UTC
- Modifications allowed until: May 17 2013, 23:59 UTC
- Notification of decision: June 24, 2013
- Preproceedings version deadline: July 24, 2013
- Conference: August 14-16, 2013
Sponsors and Partners
We gratefully acknowledge the sponsors and partners of SAC 2013: